Feed Mill, Kyleakin
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. This second plant which will open in late summer 2018 will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Operations Manager. Within the role you will be required to manage all operational activities including the unloading and storage of raw materials, warehousing and dispatch of finished product in a safe and efficient manner.
• Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
• Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
• Evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
• Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
• Provide leadership, development and supervision for employees
• Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
• Develop the business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
• Continually improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in a production or manufacturing management role
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
• Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
• Proficient IT and numeracy skills
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
The post will attract a highly competitive remuneration package which will include a relocation allowance. A full clean driving licence is desirable.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Informal enquiries can be directed to the Human Resources Department.
If you wish to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV to our MHS People website www.marineharvest.com/people by 31 December 2017. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet, please apply in writing to the Human Resources Department, Stob Ban House, Glen Nevis Business Park, Fort William, PH33 6RX.