Crofters on Skye are being urged to play their part in shaping the future.
A Crofting Roadshow is set to come to the Skeabost Hotel on November 24 and locals are being urged to attend and secure the future of crofting by taking part in the upcoming Crofting Commission elections. There will be a chance to find out more about the elections, the role of the Commission and Commissioners and the importance of making your voice heard.
The Crofting Commission along with Registers of Scotland, Scottish Crofting Federation, SAC Consulting and NFUS are hosting a series of Crofting Roadshows over the next 2 months to provide crofters with an opportunity to find out more about the elections and a one-stop shop to discuss crofting issues.
The meetings are open for anyone to attend and will consist of a short talk on the elections and key crofting issues. The meetings will end with a question and answer session where the public can put questions to the organisations present. The full list of dates and venues are as follows:
• Caladh Inn, Stornoway – 26 October, 7.30-9pm
• Dark Island Hotel, Benbecula – 27 October 7.30-9pm
• Ayre Hotel, Kirkwall – 2 November 7.30-9pm
• Shetland Hotel, Lerwick – 3 November 7.30pm
• Community Hall Bonar Bridge, Sutherland – 10 November 7.30-9pm
• Falls of Lora Hotel, Oban – 16 November 7.30-9pm
• Newtonmore Village Hall, Newtonmore – 17 November 7.30-9pm
• Gairloch Community Hall, Gairloch – 23 November 7.30-9pm
• Weigh Inn, Thurso – 23 November 7.30-9pm
• Skeabost Hotel, Skye – 24 November 7.30-9pm