The public have been advised not to eat shellfish from the Loch Slappin or Loch Eishort areas.
Highland Council’s Environmental Health team has identified raised levels of naturally occurring algal toxins following routine monitoring in coastal waters at Loch Eishort.
They have stated: "Eating shellfish such as mussels, cockles, oysters or razor fish from these areas may pose a health risk arising from the consumption of these algal toxins.
"As a sensible precaution, people should avoid eating shellfish from these areas (Loch Eishort and Loch Slappin) until further notice.
"It is important to note that cooking does not remove risks from consumption. Commercial shellfish harvesters in the area have been contacted by the Council.
"For further information, please refer to Food Standards Scotland Shellfish Website."