Brighten up everyone’s day with a Rainbow Raiser at your school, college or workplace this February, all in aid of The Leanne Fund.
The Leanne Fund offers a range of services to individuals affected by Cystic Fibrosis and their families across the Highlands, Islands and Grampian regions.
This special fundraiser will help make a real difference to the lives of those with CF and ensure a fun charitable activity for your class, group or workplace.
All you have to do is request a Rainbow Raiser pack and get set to wear your best/wackiest and brightest clothes for the day.
Chrisetta Mitchell, Development Manager for The Leanne Fund said: “Each week five babies are born with Cystic Fibrosis and sadly two young lives are lost. There is currently no cure.
“At The Leanne Fund we provide a range of support services to individuals affected by Cystic Fibrosis and their families, helping them to maintain and improve their quality of life and live life to the full. This help is available across Highlands, Islands and Grampian.
“On the last Friday of February 2018 we will be inviting schools, colleges, work places and businesses to partner with us in hosting a ‘Rainbow Raiser’, from which the funds raised will contribute towards making a difference in the lives of those affected by this life-limiting disease.”
Here are just some of the ways the money you raise will be spent –
- £30 will pay for TV cards for a young CF patient when they are in hospital for treatment
- £40 will provide a confidential counselling session to help with issues of anxiety, bereavement, depression, illness and other unexpected life events
- £40 will provide a complementary therapy treatment to help a young person feel better and cope better with their CF
- £200 will pay for patient transport costs for those who need additional support for getting to hospital appointments
- £200 will pay for emergency support for a family when their child is in hospital and they are facing additional costs with accommodation, meals, fuel, childcare
- £250 will provide a special Christmas experience – a trip to the Panto or a family meal
- £300 will provide sport and fitness equipment to support an active lifestyle and improve lung function
- £750 will provide a much needed holiday for a family
- £750 will provide support for a young CF sufferer who is moving away to college or university or setting up home independently
Every £ raised goes directly to providing these life changing services for those affected by Cystic Fibrosis.
In your Rainbow Raiser pack you will receive the following to help you set up your day:
- Colourful bunting template to help you make your space bright & beautiful
- Stickers to give to those participating
- A poster to let people know what you are organising
Our top 10 tips for making your day as successful and fun as possible