Tuesday, December 18, 2018
The skye times mobile

Fire and rescue crews were called to a farm building on Skye to tackle a blaze thought to have been caused by a young calf.

The incident occurred on Friday (Mar 03) at Totarder, Struan and involved fire fighters being on the scene for nearly three hours.

Although the service could not confirm it, it is believed that a heat lamp might have been knocked over by the animal which then ignited hay bales.

A spokesperson said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted around 3.44pm on Friday, 3 March to reports of a fire at a farm building in Totarder, Isle of Skye.

“Firefighters in breathing apparatus used two main jets to extinguish the blaze.

“There were no casualties reported.

“Crews left the scene at 6.30pm after ensuring the area was made safe.”

 

Site created by Intermedia Services (Stornoway) Ltd © 2017